Hello Stampin’ Friends ~
Hope you enjoyed your weekend … I know, I was AWOL … Missing in Action … I was taking a break and spending some time with my Great Grandsons. I haven’t seen them in almost 2 years so it was a very special time, and the weather here was great!
Today I have a sweet birthday card to share with you that features the Butterfly Brilliance stamp set … I am ready to see my yard filled with butterflies! This card was created by fellow demonstrator Charlet Brooks Mallett. I hope you are enjoyed the “Tutorial Week” … this will be the last (since I missed Saturday) … but I’ll be back with my own creations and some sneak peeks for you this week!
Let’s check out Charlet’s Butterfly Brilliance card ….
- Card Base: Basic White 4.25 x 11” folded to 4.25” x 5.5”
- Layer #2: Fluid 100 Watercolor paper 3.25” x 4.5”
- Cut and score card base. Fold in half.
- Emboss front half of card base using Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing folder.
- Wet a 3.25” x 4.5” piece of Fluid 100 Watercolor paper.
- Using a water brush lay in So Saffron ink on top half of Fluid 100 paper.
- Using a water brush lay in Soft Sea Foam ink on bottom half of Fluid 100 paper. Let two ink bleed/blend together. Let dry.
- Stamp the butterfly background onto the dry watercolor paper using Soft Sea Foam ink.
- Center and mount to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp butterfly image in Tuxedo Black ink onto Basic White Cardstock. Die cut butterflies using die. Pull aside medium butterfly image. See card to see exact butterfly.
- Color medium butterfly using So Saffron Stampin’ Blends.
- Add Wink of Stella to So Saffron butterfly wings.
- Take a 4” piece of gold elegant trim. Fold in half, unravel ends of trim and adhere to back of butterfly. See card for detail view.
- Adhere assembled butterfly to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Align on top of stamped butterfly that is on watercolor paper.
- Stamp Happy Birthday on ½” x 2.5” piece of Basic White Cardstock in Tuxedo Black ink.
- Tuck greeting under right butterfly wing and adhere to cardfront using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add three gold sequins to card front. See card for placement.
Thank you so much for coming back to join me today.
Have a wonderful day ~
TODAY’S STAMPIN’ SUPPLY LIST … If you liked the products used in today’s projects, I have links for you below. Just click on the item you would like more information on, or to begin your shopping. It will take you directly to my website. Thank you ♥