Hello Stampin’ Friends ~
Hope you are doing well today, a bit gloomy outside but we are one day closer to the weekend and that is always a ray of sunshine!! Today I will be sharing another card from our Stamping Retreat afternoon session. This is one of my most requested techniques … Creating your own glitter paper! I have been doing this for years, ever since I learned how to heat emboss, I have been creating “glimmer paper”!
When our Iridescent Ice embossing powder was discontinued I thought all was lost, but then Stampin’ Up! introduced the Adhesive Sheets and I was back it glimmer heaven. However, the Adhesive Sheets are on the discontinued list … so, you will want to order them right away!! I am using the Pretty Promenade Designer Series paper, although any of your favorites will work … I’ve even glittered the Bokeh style papers!!
You can see the sparkle on the card, just like stars in the sky … it’s so pretty!! And you can’t go wrong with the Pretty Promenade Designer Paper, perfect for Mother’s Day or Grandma’s birthday! My grandmother would have loved this card, flowers and sparkling (now I know where I get it from!) lol
Technique: Glitter Designer Paper
- You begin by cutting your Adhesive sheets to the size of your designer paper. Your adhesive sheets have an edge that you can hold onto when pulling the protective backing off the adhesive (This is where you want to begin measuring your adhesive sheets) or your adhesive will be short on your designer paper.
- Once it’s cut and you peel back the backing – carefully place your designer paper onto adhesive. Make sure the side you want glittered is the side your laying onto the adhesive.
- Then rub it down with your bone folder to secure, and peel off the protective sheet and expose the adhesive on your designer paper.
- WHAT HAPPENS IF THERE IS A SPOT OR SECTION THAT DID NOT ADHERE? Simple … take out your Snail and run it over any place that does not have adhesive! A very simple way to ensure full coverage!
- Now you are ready to dip your designer paper into your Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. Place a piece of paper over the top and rub your bone folder over the top to secure all the glitter. Sometimes I use a “block” that I put my stamps on to push the glitter into the adhesive, it’s just bigger than the bone folder. Both work
- Time to create a beautiful card … Have fun!
Once the designer paper was transformed to glimmer paper, we added the Mossy Meadow gorgeous die cut from the Beautiful Promenade bundle, it really compliments the glitter. The greeting, same as yesterday’s card came from the Strong and Beautiful Stamp Set and we added one of the Petal Pink Rhinestone Gems.
Did you know that the Beautiful Layers Thinlits Dies that comes in the bundle also has a die to cut an envelope piece … I love it, and what better way to coordinate your entire card that you are sending out.
This designer paper is stunning and is on the retiring list 😦 so sad, but there is still time to get it, I have added a link below. It is also something I tucked into my guests Saturday night Pillow Gift. There was plenty of designer paper left over once I cut for their cards, so, I cut them into 4 x 6 sheets and tucked them into a pretty envelope, along with adhesive sheets, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, and some Gingham Gala Designer paper and Glitter Sheets!!
Each guest got 2 sheets of each color in the Gingham Gala Designer Paper and 4 sheets each of 3 colors of the Glimmer Sheets. The top was put on and it was tied up with a pretty bow.
I hope you enjoyed todays technique card share as much as all the ladies at our retreat enjoyed making it … I would love to hear your thoughts below, thank you.
Have a wonderful day, and thanks for stopping in to visit.
STAMPING SUPPLY LIST FOR TODAY’S PROJECT … If you do not have a demonstrator, I’d be honored to have you as a customer and stampin’ friend. If you like this technique and card and need to purchase supplies, just click on any of the items below, it will take you to my online store. Thank you so very much.