Hello Stampin’ Friends ~
Add a bit of quirky charm to your holidays this year with the Whimsy & Wonder Suite! The non-traditional colors in this suite add to the whimsical fun. The iridescent accents of the Whimsy and Wonder 12″ x 12″ Specialty Designer Series Paper and the coordinating iridescent Wonderful Snowflakes add a magical shimmer to your projects. The wonder of it all is that with the switch of colors you can also create an elegant and traditionally look with these stamps and dies.
Let’s create some Christmas cheer with this unique slim card! Ribbon, Metallic Adhesive Dots, Velvet Paper and Wink of Stella add that extra bit of texture and sparkle that really make this card shine!
1) Cut Mossy Meadow cardstock to 7″ x 6″. Score at 3-1/2″ along the 7″ side. Fold to create a slim 3-1/2″ x 6″ card. Cut Basic White cardstock to 3-1/4″ x 5-3/4″ and adhere inside card for a writing area.
2) Cut Whimsy & Wonder Specialty Designer Series Paper to 3″ x 3″ (holly leaf pattern) and 3-3/8″ x 2-1/2″ (Blushing Bide with iridescent snowflakes). Adhere layers to card with Stampin’ SEAL.
3) Stamp sketch tree image on scrap Snowy White Velvet Sheets with Blushing Bride ink. Stamp greeting on Shimmery White cardstock with Misty Moonlight ink. Allow ink to dry.
4) Cut 2″ x 4″ scraps of Mossy Meadow and Polished Pink cardstock. Paint each with the Wink of Stella Glitter Brush and set aside to dry.
5) Die cut greeting with Layering Circles Die that is about 1-5/8″ and die cut scrap Misty Moonlight cardstock with the scallop Layering Circle Die that is slightly larger.
6) Die cut the stamped tree with coordinating die, Old Olive with the open tree die, and Mint Macaron diamond patterned Whimsy & Wonder Specialty Design Series Paper with the tallest tree die.
7) Die cut the zig-zag garland from Shimmery White cardstock. Die cut the tiny ornaments and stars from the Wink of Stella painted Mossy Meadow and Polished Pink cardstock.
8) Layer Old Olive tree onto card front and adhere with Stampin’ Seal. Use Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere the zig-zag garland to the largest tree. Adhere to card front with Stampin’ SEAL. Add Velvet stamped tree with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
9) Add a couple strips of Stampin’ SEAL to the card front under where the circle greeting will go. Cut a 8″ piece of the Blushing Bride 3/8″ Frayed Grosgrain Ribbon. Cut one end straight across. Pull threads to unravel the entire ribbon. The long threads that make the length of the ribbon will remain. Wrap the threads loosely around several fingers and press into the Stampin’ SEAL. Don’t worry about being perfect, a bit random and unraveled lo makes this look the best!
10) Layer circles with Stampin’ SEAL and adhere to card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
11) Use Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere stars and ornaments to trees. Add several of the gold Brushed Metallic Adessive Dots around the card.
OPTIONAL: Create a coordinating envelope using a 7-1/2″ x 7-1/2″ piece of Whimsy & Wonder Specialty Designer Series Paper. Place the card diagonally on the center of the paper. Fold in the side edges (3-1/2″ edges of card). Fold up the bottom long edge and use Stampin’ SEAL or Stampin’ SEAL+ to adhere the bottom flap to the side flaps (don’t adhere to the card!). Add Stampin’ SEAL to the edge of the remaining flap and seal closed. Add adhesive labels for adding an address if mailing.
TIPS: Use the putty end of the Take Your Pick Tool (#144107) to pick up and hold small die cut pieces (like the stars and ornaments) while you add a bit of Multipurpose Liquid Glue and then to place them on your project.
Don’t you just love the Whimsy & Wonder suite?! The designer paper is one of my favorites in the Holiday Mini catalog.
Enjoy the tutorial and have a beautiful day ~
TODAY’S STAMPIN’ SUPPLY LIST … If you liked the products used in todays projects, I have links for you below. Just click on the item you would like more information on, or to begin your shopping. It will take you directly to my website. Thank you ♥