Hello Stampin’ Friends ~
If you liked my basket full of kitties yesterday then you are sure to enjoy today’s basket using Stampin’ Up!’s Cheerful Basket Bundle. Send a card that tells someone that they have your heart and “they fill your days with happiness”.
I’ll be sharing easy step by step instructions so you can recreate this sweet and simple card. To highlight the hearts on the card, I used assorted Stampin’ Blends (colors listed below), which are alcohol-based markers that provide a smooth and even color application.
Our card base is Basic Black 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ scored and folded at 4-1/4″. The colorful ombre background comes from the beautiful “Enjoy the Journey” designer paper. You can add some texture with the “Whimsy” dies or use a subtle embossing folder if you don’t have the dies. Don’t be afraid to leave it just the way it is … it’s beautiful paper!!
Here are some steps to follow to color the hearts using Stampin’ Blends:
- Choose the colors of Stampin’ Blends that you want to use. You can use one color per heart or create a multi-colored effect by blending different shades.
- Start coloring the hearts with the lightest shade of the Stampin’ Blend, filling in the entire heart with the color.
- Next, use the darker shade of the Stampin’ Blend to add shading and depth to the heart. Start at the base of the heart and work your way towards the top, blending the two colors together as you go.
- If you want to create a multi-colored effect, use a third shade of the Stampin’ Blend to add more color and depth to the heart. Again, start at the base of the heart and work your way towards the top, blending the colors together as you go.
- Once you have finished coloring the hearts, use a Wink of Stella brush to enhance the color and add shimmer. Simply brush the Wink of Stella over a portion of the heart, being careful not to smudge the ink. I just added it where those little black lines were from the stamped heart.
I also die cut the little white hearts from the Cheerful Basket bundle and covered them with Wink of Stella and then placed them around the basket to really make the colors in the basket pop … it’s make your own embellishments!! The basket, hearts and greeting are all popped up using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
By following these steps, you can create a beautiful and colorful hearts card using the Cheerful Basket Bundle and Stampin’ Blends. Have fun crafting!
Thank you so much for taking time out of your Friday to visit my blog and check out this cute card.
Have a great weekend!!
One thought on “Cheerful Basket: You Have My Heart”
Another card that makes me happy! Thanks Linda!