Hello Stampin’ Friends ~
Create a super cute forest scene on your handmade cards with the Friends of the Forest Stamp Set. Use the card-sized tree as the focal point and have fun deciding where to scatter the adorable animals around the tree.
Try the masking technique to layer the animals in close groupings or layer the grass and tree stump into the setting. The set also includes friendship-themed greetings. The open line-art images can be colored using your favorite coloring techniques.
Let’s take a look at today’s card share ….
- Card Base: Mint Macaron 4-1/4” x 11, scored at 5-1/2”
- DSP #1: Hand Penned 4-1/8” x 5-3/8”
- Cardstock #1: Blushing Bride 4-1/8” x 5-3/8” (for die cut scalloped frame)
- Cardstock #2: Mint Macaron 3-3/8” x 4-5/8”
- Cardstock #3: Basic White 3-1/4” x 4-1/2”
- Cardstock #4: Mint Macaron 2-1/2” x 1/2”
- Scrap of Basic White Cardstock for stamped deer
- Fold the Mint Macaron card base in half and burnish the fold.
- Adhere the Hand Penned DSP to the card base with Stampin’ Seal (or glue).
- Stamp the tree image on the piece of Basic White Cardstock in Momento ink, then stamp the flower/mushroom image to the left of the tree and then one daisy image on the right side of the cardstock as shown.
- Color the tree trunk and branches using Crumb Cake Light & Dark Stampin’ Blends.
- Color the leaves on the tree using Mint Macaron Light Stampin’ Blends, then accent a few of the tree leaves in Mint Macaron Dark Stampin’ Blends to add some shading.
- Color the following using Stampin’ Blends:
- Grass – Mint Macaron Light
- Flowers – Flirty Flamingo Light (petals) and Daffodil Delight Light (centers)
- Mushrooms – Pool Party Dark (mushrooms) and Daffodil Delight Light (dots)
- Wrap two pieces of Linen Thread, each measuring about 4” around the Basic White Cardstock layer and adhere to the back using Stampin’ Seal.
- Adhere the Basic White Cardstock to the Mint Macaron Cardstock, then adhere to the Blushing Bride die cut scalloped rectangle with Stampin’ Seal (or glue).
- Adhere the scalloped rectangle to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the deer image in Momento ink on a scrap of Basic White Cardstock. Color the image using Crumb Cake Light & Dark Stampin’ Blends for the body and Flirty Flamingo Light for the insides of the ears.
- Punch put the deer using the Deer Builder Punch and adhere to the card with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment on the strip of Mint Macaron Cardstock in Momento ink. Banner punch both ends of the sentiment strip using the Banners Pink a Punch and adhere to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Tie a bow using Linen Thread and adhere to the card using a Mini Glue Dot.
- Add two Genial Gems (one small, one medium) to the card front as shown.
I hope you are enjoying the Card Tutorials … I enjoy sharing additional samples from stamp sets I do not have. Love being part of this amazing stamping community.
Have a wonderful day ~
TODAY’S STAMPIN’ SUPPLY LIST … If you liked the products used in today’s projects, I have links for you below. Just click on the item you would like more information on, or to begin your shopping. It will take you directly to my website. Thank you ♥