Hello Stampin’ Friends ~
I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend. Did you spend a lot of time online chatting with family and friends or are you lucky to have your family members with you. Either way, hearts seem to find each other don’t they.
Today I am sharing another Z-Fold card and as promised … I will have Step by Step instructions for you to follow. I’m using the beautiful “Mosaic Mood” Specialty Designer Paper … the pictures don’t always show the “embossed” areas on the paper, it’s so pretty! I had to cut out my rose and butterfly but I find that relaxing.
Let’s start from the beginning … our card base. I used Blushing Bride on this card.
- Cut cardstock: 11″ x 4-1/4″ then score at 2-3/4″ and 5-1/2″
- Fold cardstock in half, and then at the score line, fold the top back onto itself. This will give you the Z in your Z-Fold Card!
- Cut Designer Paper: 2 pieces at 4-1/8″ x 2-5/8″ and 1 piece at 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″
- Adhere your designer paper onto your card base.
- Prepare front and inside of your card. Die cut 2 pieces of Very Vanilla with the 3rd Largest rectangle from the Stitched Rectangles Dies. Cut 2 pieces of Blushing Bride at: 4-1/8″ x 2-3/4″ these will mat (bottom layer) of the Very Vanilla
- At this step I fussy cut my rose and butterfly from the “Mosaic Mood” Designer paper to prepare it for assembly.
- Next step is to stamp the greeting onto the card front. I have not assembled at this point.
- Align your cut images into the spots you will want them so you know where to stamp your greeting. My greeting comes from the Daisy Lane Stamp Set.
- Now I adhere my Very Vanilla pieces onto the Blushing Bride.
- Adhere the unstamped piece of cardstock onto the inside of your card … center it. This will help you align the front piece.
- When adhering the front piece, remember your front is “folded back upon itself” so only the left HALF of the stamped piece will get adhesive / glue. If you glue the entire piece … your card will not open.
- Final step is to attach your rose and butterfly … feel free to embellish with Rhinestones if you’d like.
Congratulations … you have made it through the Z-Fold. It’s quite simple but a lot of fun to get in the mail!! Stands up nicely too 🙂
Here are all the ingredients used for today’s card …
In the future I will share the “Double Z-Fold” Card … might have to be a Two 4 Tuesday as there can be variances in the Double Z, but that’s what makes them fun.
Thank you for hanging out with me this Monday.
Have yourself a wonderful day.
Hello Stampin’ Friends ~
As we come to an end of the week, we also are coming to the end of our Stamping Retreat so I’m sharing one more of our cards. We used the Beauty Abounds bundle for our last stamping session. All of the cards were beautiful but because part of their pillow gift for that night was the Glimmer Paper … I had to show them a beautiful card using it.
We have so much fun at our retreats, it never fails to amaze me how a group of ladies who do not know each other when they arrive are swapping phone numbers before they leave! So I’ll be sharing some of the pictures I caught while we stamped …
As we gathered for our last stamp session for the evening, everyone came back full of smiles and ready to stamp! We are using the Beauty Abounds bundle on another “Z Fold Card”. The Floral Romance Designer paper used on this card is no longer available, but many of the other items I shared with you all week are available (even most on the retiring list). This is the last card of the evening …
There is that glimmer paper, in the form of a beautiful butterfly! While preparing for the retreat, I precut out all the butterflies from the large butterfly die. Simply cut a piece of glimmer paper the size of the butterfly you want to cut out and rolll it through the BigShot.
The greetings used on the card all come from the Butterfly Beauty Thinlits Dies in the Beauty Abounds bundle…
The Petal Pink Rhinestone Gems embellish the butterfly to create the body and draw your eye right to the card, now there is a focal point … so pretty.
The ladies are enjoying the stamp session while working on the last of the cards …
but this group … well, they were a little punchy and were playin’ with me while I was taking the pictures! Gotta love it!
It was a great day of stamping, and we finished off with another beautiful card. Our next stop was back to the house for dessert and to find out who won the Card Contest.
I hope you enjoyed todays card and all of the cards that I shared from our annual spring retreat. There were plenty more projects that they made but some things that happen at reatreat … stays at retreat! lol
I will be back tomorrow to begin sharing some of the swap cards, until then I hope you consider joining us at our next retreat, our annual Fall Holiday Stamping Retreat which will be held the first weekend of November … just be sure to get on my mailing list.
Have a beautiful day !
TODAY’S STAMPING SUPPLY LIST: If you would like to purchase any of the items I used to create this card and don’t have a demonstrator, I’d be honored to be your creative coach. With each $50 purchase, you will receive a Rewards Point, when you collect 10, I will send you a coupon for a FREE Stamp set of your choice. Just click on any of the items to get to my online store. If you have any questions, please message me.
If you order the Beauty Abounds Bundle … I will send you the dimensions and instructions for todays card free. Thank you! Linda